[TowerTalk] Long Cable for Yaesu Rotor

Earl Morse kz8e at wt.net
Mon Apr 21 09:18:29 EDT 2014

You can figure this out.

The G-1000 specs 125' maximum runs of #20 wire.  #20 is 1.015 ohms/100 ft.  That leaves you with a max resistance budget of 1.26875 ohms for 125' of #20.

If you use #18 with a resistivity of .006385 ohms /ft then you can go to 198 ft and keep the same resistivity.

If you use #16 with a resistivity of .004016 ohms /ft then you can go to 315 ft and keep the same resistivity.

If you use #14 with a resistivity of .002525 ohms /ft then you can go to 502 ft and keep the same resistivity.

It looks like you need to use #14 to make the run and meet the requirements that Yaesu specified for a 400 ft run.

Make sure that the wire you do buy has these resistivity numbers or better.  Not saying that smaller wire doesn't work, but thats not what Yaesu specified.

Earl
N8SS