[TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Mon Apr 28 01:26:02 EDT 2014

Not to pound the InSpeed drum, especially since I have no connection to
them at all other than as a long ago customer, but InSpeed also sells a
high resolution anemometer for $89 that puts out 8 pulses per
revolution.  The response of either Vortex version is of course limited
by the time between pulses, but at 2.5 mph per revolution and 8 pulses
per revolution for the hi-res version the ability to almost instantly
track wind gusts would be limited primarily by the mass of the rotating
cups (no spec that I am aware of) ... and they are very light weight.

73,
Dave   AB7E