[TowerTalk] Wired Anemometer for Tower?

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Tue Apr 29 20:08:24 EDT 2014

I'm not going to belabor the point.  Wind speed is derived by measuring the change in rotational position divided by time.   The shorter the sampling interval (time), the lower the measurement accuracy. There is no reason for this to controversial.

I'm not the one who insisted that measurements had to be instantaneous, only the one who pointed out the inherent problem in attempting such with a rotating instrument that is a slave to the time domain.

If gusts lasting less than the refr3esh rate of the instrument are really that much of a concern, then maybe the tower shouldn't be extended.  If a guyed tower, it's not information that you can do anything useful with anyway....except maybe run away!

Al
AB2ZY