[TowerTalk] Coax Stripping Tool For RG8X & Crimp Style PL259

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Fri Aug 1 14:43:00 EDT 2014

On 8/1/2014 Perry K4PWO wrote:

> Another source for connectors and tools is "The RF Connection" at
> http://therfc.com/
> Very good prices on quality crimp connectors...

> RFC17-03Z
> PL-259 RG-8X, LMR240, LMR240UF, RG-59 CRIMP/SOLDER, SILVER body, TEFLON
> dielectric
> $2.00 each

> Perry K4PWO

What I always wonder is are there QUALITY clamp type connector?  I see
some  on  ebay,  but who knows how good they are.  No soldering of the
outer  braid,  and  goes together like a BNC/N/TNC (which I don't mind
doing)

Similar to
http://dxavenue.com/en/uhf-connectors/131-pl-259-clamp-connector-uhf-male.html

Evidently Pomona Electronics does make them, but digikey shows 0 stock
(and at $29.80 EACH, minimum 5)

--
Charlie
www.baysidephoto.com