[TowerTalk] Cleaning Tarnished Wire

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Aug 2 22:12:10 EDT 2014

I am not sure how that would work.  BTW, you should never put ketchup on a
hot dog:)

John KK9A

To:	Gedas <w8bya at mchsi.com>
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] Cleaning Tarnished Wire
From:	Ed Stallman <n5dg at airmail.net>
Date:	Sat, 02 Aug 2014 09:06:56 -0500

Ketchup, I seen this on Ricks Restoration.

Ed N5DG

On 8/2/2014 8:31 AM, Gedas wrote:
As much as I hate to admit it, at times I have been guilty of leaving rotor
cables or even coax outside unprotected from the rain and snow. Later on,
wanting to put it to some use and after stripping off some insulation, I
find that the surface of the copper conductors have been tarnished with a
nice black coating. The tarnish makes it impossible to solder to even with
an acid core flux. Other than physical abrasion, does anyone have any tricks
or solution/chemical that will remove that tarnish?

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....