[TowerTalk] Building a W6NL Moxon 40 Meter Beam.

L L bahr pulsarxp at embarqmail.com
Sun Aug 3 17:34:02 EDT 2014

Scott,

Thanks for your reply. However, I realize the antenna works very well.  That is why I want to build one.  But, maybe it can be made to work better.  That's my point.  Am I not thinking clearly on this? Maybe I am not.  Why won't the 2 foot long channel not be reducing efficiency on the Director or will it indeed not induce inefficiency? (It sure does reduce efficiency on a car body.)  I need to get rid of my fear.  Just seems to me the channel mounting scheme is mechanically strong and is no problem for the grounded Reflector, but it is not a good idea electrically at the Director for efficiency. Somebody explain to me why my fear is not correct. Where is my thinking flawed?  (I hope I am not upsetting the group with my persistence.)

Lee, w0vt