[TowerTalk] Fwd: Insulated elements, Yes - No?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Aug 5 15:37:40 EDT 2014

 > BUT -- if you happen to be loading your tower on 80 or 160, you may
 > appreciate the additional top loading of elements bonded to the boom.

However, if that is the case, a short wire connected from the center of
the last director and reflector to the boom will provide the desired
connection for top loading on 80/160 without upsetting the element
lengths by introducing odd size sections (mounting plate and boom) in
the element on the beam's operating frequencies.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV