[TowerTalk] Tower cost estimate?

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Aug 5 21:11:57 EDT 2014

On 8/5/2014 4:42 PM, Gene Smar wrote:
> Stan:
>
>       I posted this http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2006-03/msg00168.html  based on my own experience with my first and only self-supporting tower back in 2001.  I believe the various cost categories to be valid still; inflate prices by 15% or thereabouts for a current price estimate.

That's true in most areas, but the price of steel has gone way up. At
one time it doubled in about a year. I think it may have come back down
a bit, but I no longer purchase Double what I think I'll need to build
stock.  So I'd price the various towers to make sure of the changes.

Copper and Aluminum have also increased, but be prepared for sticker
shock with copper.  I now laminate 1/16th or 1/8th  inch copper on 1/4
inch Aluminum Instead of 1/4 inch copper.  1/4 inch copper plate for my
large tower box backing plate is over $300.

73

Roger (K8RI)