[TowerTalk] Copper clad telephone wire

Gary Schafer garyschafer at largeriver.net
Fri Aug 8 16:54:56 EDT 2014

I have lots of old copper clad telephone wire that I want to use for radials
and antenna wire. This is the stuff that is bare and went from pole to pole
for old telephone lines. It is not the insulated drop wire.

When you cut it, it looks like copper all the way thru but it will attract a
magnet.
I want to use this stuff on the low bands (160, 80, and 40).

Is there a way to measure/determine how thick the copper layer is?
Measure the resistance, wind a small coil and measure Q?

Thanks,
Gary K4FMX