[TowerTalk] Copper clad telephone wire

Gary Schafer garyschafer at largeriver.net
Fri Aug 8 19:35:00 EDT 2014

Well, the copper thickness does make a difference at low HF frequencies as
RF penetrates deeper than it does at higher frequencies and can get down to
the steel and losses go up.
A very thin copper coating can work better at higher frequencies than at low
frequencies because of the depth of penetration.

I am trying to figure out how to measure this particular type of wire's
worth at low HF. Not knowing the thickness of the copper plating.

It seems that there should be a way to measure this electrically.

73
Gary  K4FMX