[TowerTalk] Rivet Tool Info

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Aug 12 00:23:34 EDT 2014

On 8/11/2014 8:51 AM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:

Agreed, 1/8th inch pop rivets aren't bad, but when the "shank, or stem"
reaches 1/8th inch they start to be work.  In most ham work we seldom
see 1/8th inch shanks except in large booms and then other means are the
prefered route.
For 1/8th in. SS stems you really want the pneumatic route.  With the
proper pulleys and equipment, getting  100 to 150 feet of AC wire, or
air hose up there is no big deal.  It just takes some ingenuity and the
proper equipment...and a bit of knot tying expertise would help.  There
I have to rely on my neighbor, but as my climbing days appear to be
over, it's more of relying on the checkbook and insurance.

Never, ever hire a non certified and insured climber unless you can
afford to self insure.  They may sign a wavier, but that won't protect
you from their family, or heirs!  We all do it, and many are agreeable
and even insist on helping out, particularly if you've helped in the past.

73,

Roger  (K8RI)

---