[TowerTalk] freight cost of tower part

K6YE - TOMMY k6ye at q.com
Thu Aug 14 16:29:16 EDT 2014

Hans,

When I moved from California to Colorado ten years ago, I purchased a Hy-Gain tower base, direct. It cost $299.00 and the shipping was $300.00. When I return to California, I will buy the steel and re-bar, transport to a competent welder and have a base made using the tower as a jig. The cost will be less than $299.00 but even so, it beats $600.00.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS and CW RULES