[TowerTalk] Trailer Hitch Electrical Connectors for Rotator Cable

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Thu Aug 21 08:11:48 EDT 2014

Yep, widely available but not created equal. Price varies by greater
than a factor of two and does not correlate with quality, at least in my
personal experience.

I have standardized on pairs of flat 4 conductor trailer connectors for
all my 8 conductor control cable connector needs, even on rotators with
built in round "Cannon" type connectors to give me exchange/substitution
compatibility.  I am considering going to them for remote coax switch
cables as well.

Super bang for the buck in weatherproof polarized connectors. Still I
like to add additional weatherproofing in the form of electrical tape
ans silicone caulk.

Patrick NJ5G