[TowerTalk] Boom End Caps??

Mike Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Aug 22 09:46:31 EDT 2014

It might be a good idea if you plan to seal the ends up with a cap to put a
very small hole at the bottom of that cap to allow moisture to run out. Not
a hole large enough for critters to enter, but to allow water out. In cold
climate areas this may prevent the boom from freezing and then splitting.
Anything like a boom with even the tightest fitting joints will take on
water....you don't want that to build up and detune the antenna, make it
heavier, or potentially freeze.  - Mike