[TowerTalk] short survey

Don w7wll at arrl.net
Wed Aug 27 18:37:41 EDT 2014

Hans,

You've gotten a lot of responses and I'd bet all of us have been following
them closely.

So far I've gotten one clear message, all of us over 65 are learning that
old age ain't for sissies.

Second, and it really makes me feel good about the TowerTalk community, no
one wants to or does anything stupid.

Third, it is clear we all age and carry our health differently and approach
tower work with savy and good sense.

I envy all of you who have 'help' nearby.  That is the one drawback to my
move to the area I'm in from Portland. A dearth of HFers anywhere nearby
where the distance isn't measured in hours, and those few hams that do live
anywhere close aren't DXers and mostly older than I.  Having help is a
blessed commodity and treat them with kindness and care!! If there are any
other hams in the central coast who have towers I have not found them!!

Don W7WLL