[TowerTalk] ....Connecting to foil shield of CATV hardline

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Thu Aug 28 16:47:55 EDT 2014

If it has a *foil* shield, it's not hardline. If it has *only* foil and
no braid at all, I wouldn't use it - too fragile. But in general, the
easiest way to terminate CATV flexible coax is with an F connector or 75
ohm N connector, and then an adapter to get to the connector series that
you want.

If it really is CATV hardline, you can get an F connector or pin
connector, both of which needs a coring tool or a little ingenuity, or
use a DIY method, also requiring a little ingenuity. The archives should
have lot's of discussion over the years about this very topic.

-Steve K8LX