[TowerTalk] Choking on chokes

David Gallatin via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Wed Dec 3 10:16:38 EST 2014

Hello fellow listers,I have tried to educate myself as to whether my antenna's need common mode chokes and what to use if so.  Lessons on permeability are not really permeating my brain tissue and I'm rather dazed and confused. I want very badly to get this right so I'm asking for help. So I am going to list each one in hopes of someone telling me whether A) it needs a choke and B) what that choke should consist of. The coax used is DXE 400, except DXE 213 on the Mosley per their spec.My antenna's are as follows:Diamond X200 vertical 2M
M2 6M3 6 meter yagi
Mosley TA33 JRN 20,15,10 tri band yagi
EARCHI design homebrew 9:1 unun wire antenna of 32' which I wish to use on 40, 30, 17 and 12 and (maybe) 80. Will run horizontally
Thank you for your time, 73,
David, AA9G

ex W5DCG and KC9EEV