[TowerTalk] Crimp-on connectors for hardline.

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Dec 4 12:36:58 EST 2014

You've gotten good advice from Jeff and Arne, but I'll add to it. You're
lucky with that cable -- matching connectors are widely available, even
PL259, which is an excellent choice if you're using the hard line at HF.
Google to find part numbers and sources, as well as installation
instructions. I've installed not quite a dozen connectors on four or
five different types of hard line. I don't consider myself an expert,
but I got the job done.  The hand tools needed are things like a hack
saw, files, and adjustable wrenches.  The link below is to a short
application note compiling some things I learned in the process,
including connector types for some line types and sources of those
connectors.  Far from complete, simply what I learned about the surplus
and/or hard line that I found.

k9yc.com/HardLine.pdf

73, Jim K9YC