[TowerTalk] Fwd: Dipole gain?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Tue Dec 9 17:59:24 EST 2014

Any horizontal antenna will have a direction (angle above
horizontal) with higher power density due to the combination
of direct rays and rays reflected from the ground.

The turnstile, if properly fed, will have uniform angular
radiation in the horizontal plane.  Vertical "take off" angle
will depend on height above ground and the "circular" radiation
directly up will depend again on height above ground and the
ground constants.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV