[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 144, Issue 17

George VE3YV ve3yv at pathcom.com
Wed Dec 10 10:55:16 EST 2014

Agree likely for a Mosley TA33 or TA33jr.  The difference was power
handling, the diameter of the traps on the "sr" were larger.  The jr was
rated for 300 wts IIRC.  Still have a TA33jr on the ground to install at the
cottage (waiting for a round tuit).  Roof mounted on a row house in the
centre of the city, it was good for the first 298 DXCC barefoot.  A bit of
aluminium could make a compact 2el tri-bander with a spare trap.  The
coaxial capacitor explanation and maintenance issues mentioned are well
known - HI. Only thing I'd do to reinstall after cleaning the traps would be
to use rivets a la Force12 instead of the single screw.  My preference but
please don't start that debate again.  If you need a manual, I may have one
to scan if not otherwise available via the usual sources.

73, George VE3YV / K8HI