[TowerTalk] Strange coax failure

Mike Fahmie via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Mon Dec 15 14:21:44 EST 2014

Water in a connector can do that.  Looks fine on ohm meter but RF sees the very very high dielectric constant of water and shunts to ground.  This first got me when some water got into a Type N barrel, a thin film of water coated the internal insulator disc.  Flushed it out with high test alcohol and function was restored.
-Mike-