[TowerTalk] Strange coax failure

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Mon Dec 15 21:50:39 EST 2014

While true, Mark, I isolated the problem to the bad jumper in a couple
minutes, as fast or maybe faster than getting out the boat anchor HP to
do the TDR bit.  I did waste some time comparing good to bad etc mostly
due to my amazement having never experienced such a problem in over 50
years of coax use.  I spent a minute cutting the coax to see the
problem.  I admit I was lucky that the defective inch or two of coax was
exposed on the first cut but that is reality.  I also took some time
putting a connector on the cut ends and testing to see if there were
other anomalous sections but there weren't.  I will tag the short
jumpers salvaged after removing the bad spot so if anything "funny"
happens I will suspect them right off.

Lucky trumps good.

Patrick    NJ5G