[TowerTalk] : Nube rebar question

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Dec 17 20:29:17 EST 2014

On Wed,12/17/2014 5:09 PM, Stan Stockton wrote:
> I admire someone who has the most for the least expenditure.  There are a few who have unlimited budgets and can afford store bought everything.  There are many more who try to make the most with a limited amount of money.

So do I, and I try to spend my money wisely. I try to accomplish the
most for the least cost. An important part of that is doing more of it
yourself. Another is shopping wisely, buying quality used stuff, and so
on. But that's very different from being a cheapskate, who I would
define as someone who buys ONLY on price.

I've been a ham since 1955. My first NEW rig was a Ten Tec  Omni D,
bought from the factory about 1979. The next one bought new was a K3,
about 2008. Everything in between was used. I have three Ten Tec Titans,
all bought used, for a combined cost less than a used Alpha. I had to
fix them, which is probably why I got them cheap. :) I build as much of
my antenna farm as I can. I built bandpass filter kits for contesting at
a third of the cost of buying new. And so on.

73, Jim K9YC