[TowerTalk] Running feed line and rotor cable together?

Chuck Smallhouse w7cs at theriver.com
Tue Dec 23 18:24:57 EST 2014

For various reasons I wouldn't use "UV Proof" (resistant) cable ties,
as I've never found any that were, for any length of time !

Here in So. AZ they are particularly short lived, and even in humid
N. CA their life wasn't that much longer.

The gray duct tape separates in Wx quite readily, however the black
"Gorilla" type of duct tape is much stronger and seems to survive the
changing weather and bright sunlight quite well.  Certain varieties
of black electrical tape is good if you spray it afterwards with clear Krylon.

For those of you in rural areas, I've used baling wire(used), if you
can find it anymore.  Two or three loose wraps of that and bending
down of the final twist, will hold forever, even when quite
rusty.  It's soft and very easy to work with.  Your heirs and/or your
estate executer, will probably need to use "dics" to cut it loose.

Chuck, W7CS