[TowerTalk] north

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Thu Dec 25 12:22:25 EST 2014

Aside from an intellectual curiosity, which amateurs ‹ aside perhaps from
EME or terrestrial VHF/UHF enthusiasts ‹ need to know north any more
accurately than something such as an iPhone provides?

It seems the beamwidth of even the longest HF yagi renders resolution better
than a couple of degrees moot, especially given the direction circuits of
most rotators are hardly precision instruments themselves.

I'm not trying to discourage what is a great discussion on geophysics, just
curious about the practical application for the majority of hams.

73, kelly
ve4xt