[TowerTalk] Inverted V Vertical endfire

Matt Brosious via TowerTalk towertalk at contesting.com
Sat Dec 27 12:38:48 EST 2014

A friend of mine suggested reconfiguring my inverted V on 80 meters for dx performance. I'm working with a model for the inverted V with the legs at 45 and 1' off the ground at the ends (.707 x f to determine apex). The antenna shows low angle endfire gain in the vertical axis and high angle broadside.
Has anyone played with this configration?
I'm interested in the extent ground losses would offset the vertical performance. Also considering using two of these as a colinear array.
I can share the NEC model for those that are interested.
Thanks
Matt W1MBB