[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Long shank U-Bolts

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Tue Dec 30 20:52:07 EST 2014

This is a very common problem in the commercial tower industry. One
common solution, which I initially (decades ago) rejected as being crude
but gradually came to accept as elegant, is to use bent (or curved)
saddles and all thread rods (or bolts). Or, if you want a close fit
because of worries about thin walled tubing deforming, use double
muffler style clamps and all thread bolts.

-Steve K8LX