[TowerTalk] Microdem Issues

Steve W3AHL w3ahl at att.net
Fri Feb 7 09:50:51 EST 2014

Tom,

7z should be installed in C:\microdem\7zip\

What type of DEM are you trying to load and what are you trying to use MicroDEM for -- HFTA?

Steve, W3AHL

--------------------------------
Message: 9
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 09:36:05 -0700
From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem at gmail.com>
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Microdem Issues

Does anybody on the list know what I can do to get past a
couple error messages I receive when trying to open a DEM
file in Microdem? The error messages are "Need 7z for GZ extraction"
and "xxx is Not an acceptable DEM". I went to the 7z website and
downloaded & installed the 7Z extraction utility, but that didn't help.
Any input would really be appreciated. Been trying to get Microdem
working for months without success.

K0SN
Missoula, MT