[TowerTalk] . EF420/240 (Dan Hearn)

Edward Sawyer SawyerEd at Earthlink.net
Tue Feb 18 06:39:13 EST 2014

Dan, I have the EF-240.  It has a very poor mechanical system.  2 things can
break and both should be modified when you repair so that its beefier going
forward.

The metal tuning wires that also support the elements have pinch points on
ridged wire.  Its not a matter of whether this will break but when.  You
essentially need to put a pin in the hole instead of routing the wore
through and have hooks on the ends that you can then attach the tuning wire
to straight on so there is no longer a bend (looks like a yagi H match set
up at the connection).

The second is the truss system for the elements.  The same pinching point
for the feed through wire.  Similar solution.

Let me know if I can be of more help.  It's a great antenna for its size
once these issues are fixed.

73

Ed  N1UR