[TowerTalk] Drill motor

Chris EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Tue Feb 18 13:45:49 EST 2014

OK I need to eat my words on my last post.  I called Bob and got some more info.

The guys with the 50' towers, TX455, are using the 1300# hoist not the 2k hoist.  It could barely pull the tower up when not routed with the 2:1 advantage.  Much of this had to do with the cable wrapping on the drum in three layers, and by the time the cable go to the third wrap there was lost mechanical advantage in the hoist and it was really straining to make the tower top out.  With the addition of the other pulley and the 2:1 advantage, now it really cruises and with ease.  Remember this is all on a 50' tower.

Chris