[TowerTalk] Phillystran Cable Question

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Feb 27 02:48:34 EST 2014

On 2/26/2014 1:32 PM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
> The current SteppIR manual still shows a Phillystran truss and 4 cable clamps to secure it around the thimbles. My 4L from 2004 shows no sign of deterioration. Or I don't know what to look for.

Texas towers sells end kits for the smaller sizes. They have 4
cable/saddle clamps, and an end cap.  I don't remember if there is a
thimble or not.  AFAIK The only way you are going to do the ends of the
two small sizes is the saddle clamps.

I don't believe they make Big Grips that small. At least I've never seen
any.

73

Roger (K8RI)