[TowerTalk] Tack welding rebar, need howto

Tom Anderson andersonww5l at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 3 14:25:07 EST 2014

Jim:

I used the "wire" that is supposed to be used with rebar and no problems in 18 years on my TriEx W51 tower.  Of course I always exceed the specs for concrete.  instead of 3x3x4, I go 4x4x6.  Gives me a little extra safety.   Also my current base is what they call "6 sack mix" supposedly the same mixture they use on Interstate Highway bridges.   I've got extra rebar wired all over the base as an added safety measure, but  not too much as to be overdoing it.

Tom, WW5L