[TowerTalk] Tower base

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Fri Jan 3 22:36:38 EST 2014

Gentlemen,

I don't know if i did something very wrong but I started but putting a large granite slab (6'x5'), 5 feet down where the tower was going to be. I had 12 holes drilled in the slab and attached 6 angular irons, two screws per iron to the slab. I then place three "Sonar" tubes over the irons, two irons per tube and filled the tubes with cement. The tower legs were attached to the irons, squeezed in between the irons. (I put a few sections of the tower up, leveled them very carefully and then drilled holes for the bolts through the irons and the legs.

The tower is anchored in the granite slab and the slab is secured with dirt. (I added some scrap iron to that dirt, just to make it heavier.) I have provided the link to photos of the work many times and am doing it again.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150198503693539.328964.579753538&type=1&l=b4a8463457

Did I do something stupid? Please tell. I used a lot less cement that way.

Hans - N2JFS