[TowerTalk] screw anchors

Joe wd0m at wd0m.com
Tue Jan 7 12:09:38 EST 2014

I used screw anchors on my 50' Rohn 25G tower in Fritz Creek, Alaska.
They withstood 125 mph winds with no problems.  My home overlooked
Kachemak Bay, we experienced some wicked weather coming in off the
ocean, and I never had a problem with the screw anchors I installed myself.

My old WL7M web page (now orphaned, and not removed by my old ISP from
10 years ago) still has a picture of the tower, taken by my wife,
following a heavy snow/ice storm.  You can see it here, half way down
the home page:

http://www.xyz.net/~joe/

73,

Joe
WDØM

On 1/7/2014 9:56 AM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> I agree that screw anchors can work fine for a guy anchor. Finding an
> installation machine or attachment to properly set them may be the
> challenge.
>
> John KK9A

---