[TowerTalk] screw anchors (was Welding Rebar)

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 12:41:57 EST 2014

When I built my previous home, the power co. PPL  installed a pole and pole mounted transformer. In no time the pole was tilting/listing down the hill from the main lines.   they then drove up the hill with there utility truck with  had a arm with this hydrolytic transmission. The operators attached this female drive  adaptor then screwed it on to a 10 ft guy ANCOR .
 One end was threaded and the other had a one sided  tapered wing.

    He lifted it up and positioned it at about 45 deg to the  pole and .. WOW spun it down to almost ground level ( it was higher then reg ground with the pulled up shale. unwound the adaptor started a one eye end and then screwed that on with the machine.

   Were was this marvelous machine when I needed it .  I dug two tower bases and 6 guy anchor holes by hand in SHALE
in the upcoming year... and that is NO fun ....   how do you spell PIC Bar ?

Wayne W3EA

ate: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 11:56:52 -0500