[TowerTalk] Tower mast calculator

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Sat Jan 11 11:52:29 EST 2014

TT:

     I just tried the tool with my antennas.  Be carefull!  Apparently the
calcs don't tell you anything about your tower's limitations.  The calcs
merely say that the DXE MAST will or will not fail at the given wind speeds;
they tell you nothing about the survivability of the tower.  In other words,
a big load may survive on a 3 inch DXE mast, but it might bring down a stack
of Rohn 25 or a light-duty self-supporter.

     Caveat Amateur!

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F