[TowerTalk] Tower Base Removal

Mike VE3YF Mike at ve3yf.com
Fri Jan 17 17:38:20 EST 2014

Hi:
I need to have a hole for my new tower 6' x 6' x 7.5' deep. Due to
limited lot size that I live in, and mainly to keep peace in the
family, I am looking at removing my old tower base 4' x 4' x 5' deep
and it contains no re-bar, just tower base stubs. I can't remember
what grade of concrete it is, but it is about 14 years old. I am
limited to 2 types of removal, crane and Armstrong method. The crane
company won't make any guarantee's they can complete the job due to
complications etc, and want a hefty payment up front. I am now
looking at having a young guy come by and use a Jackhammer to do the job.
Has anyone tried demolishing their old tower base and how long did it
take any problems etc. Since this undertaking is new to me I am open
to suggestions and or comments and hopefully some good suggestions.

Thanks...

73 De Mike
VE3YF

http://www.ve3yf.com/