[TowerTalk] Need help identifying HyGain antenna (Trap Traveler rotatable tri band dipole)

Jim Pruitt wa7duy at charter.net
Sun Jan 26 15:51:27 EST 2014

I need help in identifying the model number/nomenclature for an antenna that
I bought in 1967.  The antenna was made by HyGain in the late 50's or early
60's.  I thought I remembered it being called the HyGain trap traveler
rotatable dipole.  It was for 20/15/10 and looked like the driven element of
a TH3JR on a 3 foot mast that had a clamp for fitting over a window sill and
hanging out a window.  It was intended as a portable antenna and perhaps to
be used from hotel rooms and similar places I think.

Google has not helped me with this one.  Does anyone remember this antenna
and might be able to tell me what it was called or the model number?

I need to know what kind of plastic was used for the insulators and the
plastic that was used to cover the traps so that I may repair them.

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY