[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain Calibration Pot/Switch

W2RU - Bud Hippisley W2RU at frontiernet.net
Mon Jul 7 13:31:42 EDT 2014

Push the switch in and adjust the pot until you have set the pointer to exactly full scale.  Then carefully push the switch in again to take the circuit out of Calibration mode; now you should see your actual beam heading — as accurately as it can be read.  The Calibration switch compensates for individual line voltages, circuit variables, etc.  I used the word “carefully” above because it’s all to easy to impart a slight rotation to the knob (and hence the calibration setting) when pushing on the switch that’s on the same shaft.

Bud, W2RU