[TowerTalk] Wooden Gin Pole?

Dan Cisson n4gnr at windstream.net
Thu Jul 17 19:43:05 EDT 2014

Nathan,, a 4 X 4 wooden "pole" would be VERY heavy and VERY dangerous...
Spend the time to find a 2 1/2 X 2 1/2 square aluminum pole....you will need
it 14 ft long...
I have 2 of them,, and they use NO clamps at all,, but have slotted hooks
that fall into the angle members of Rohn 25, 35, 45, and 55 G--It fits them
all ...I have set hundreds of sections of tower with this pole,, and it’s
the best I have ever seen. It will handle loads of 200 lbs easily. I can
send you and anyone photos of the gin pole. It is so simple,, and easy to
work with... Get a good pole and it makes tower work so easy....73,, Dan
N4GNR