[TowerTalk] Fwd: Guy anchor installation company in Missouri

Jack Taylor jack at n7oo.com
Wed Jul 30 14:27:56 EDT 2014

I didn't screw the anchors on my 82 ft. AB 105.  Followed the basic
instructions from an old Army  tower installation manual.
Dug a slit trench at a 45 degree depth and exiting towards the tower.
Positioned the anchors into the trenches with the eye
a few inches above the ground.  Instead of back filling with earth, at this
point I drove two 3 ft. lengths of rebar against the screws
in order to impede the anchors from pulling loose.  I then back filled each
with two bags of concrete followed by earth.  That was 30 years
ago and last month the anchors still passed stress tests.

Jack - n7oo