[TowerTalk] UV resistant wire ties

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Jun 1 11:18:15 EDT 2014

I use 4" white drain pipe PVC as a tower conduit and I have not seen any
degradation from UV.

John KK9A

To:	 Jim Thomson <jim.thom at telus.net>, towertalk at contesting.com
Subject:	 Re: [TowerTalk] UV resistant wire ties
From:	 "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard at karlquist.com>
Date:	 Sat, 31 May 2014 17:00:46 -0700

##  Instead  of white PVC... you could use the grey PVC...available in mist
home depot
stores.   Its  usually in the electrical dept.  Comes in  10-12 foot
lengths...and is flared
at one end..so you can join em nose to tail.  That stuff is  UV resistant.

F12 uses the smaller

Unfortunately, grey PVC is another example of
"mystery material".  It seems to be a crap shoot.
Some kinds are UV resistant, other kinds "burn" badly within
a year and seems worse than white PVC.  Of course
it all looks the same in the store.

BTW, I've never seen 12 foot lengths of conduit.

Rick N6RK