[TowerTalk] Utility Pole as Beam Support

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 4 16:08:06 EDT 2014

This has been discussed everal times over the past 10 or 15 years.  THere
should be some material in the towertalk archives.

I had a beam mounted on a Utility pole for a number of years (1958 to 1970).
I used an article in QST that also appeared in the ARRL Antenna book for
building a top of the pole mount.  If a tram or other pully can be built
then this is best.  Someone said W9IXX has a mount then I would look at
that.

I am not sure 6 feet is adequate.  I recall we had 8 feet in the ground.
We decided one guy at the 45 foot level was a good safety factor.

Good luck with the pole.

Dave K4JRB