[TowerTalk] irrigation tube as conduit

Ingrid Johnson-Evavold evavold at centurytel.net
Thu Jun 12 16:30:12 EDT 2014

Thanks for the replies.  I actually succeeded yesterday afternoon. I painstakingly uncoiled the irrigation hose without kinking it and unwound the wire to do the same thing.  I then vacuumed the cotton ball attached to a piece of braided light line all the way through 100 meters of tubing (it flew - about 30 seconds).  My husband then pushed on the wire while I pulled from the other end, managing not to break the pull line.  Next stage - trenching.

And my husband said it couldn't be done!!

About five years ago I directly buried an exterior grade wire that has since failed, likely from shifting with the frost.  I am hopeful that this configuration will last a very long time.  Thanks for your help.