[TowerTalk] SRTM Fill Data

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Sat Jun 21 23:30:01 EDT 2014

Just discovered a data-filled version of the SRTM data:

http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/

After the coordinates are entered into the "Search Criteria" tab, go to the
"Data Set" tab and instead of selecting SRTM, select "SRTM Void Filled."
Works well now on the northern shadowed side of the hill but not sure how
the fill data was collected nor its overall accuracy.   Anyone know?

Paul, W9AC