[TowerTalk] Different Types of Equalizer Plates

Byron Tatum bjtatum1 at att.net
Sat Jun 28 20:35:40 EDT 2014

Hello-
  I have a basic question regarding the Rohn equalizer plates: Why are some made to pivot (split halves on a mounting bolt through rod anchor eye), and why are some fixed (larger size plate welded to a larger anchor rod)?
 I noticed for many (esp older designs) of the Rohn 25G and 45G installations the pivot-type equalizer plates are called out for. But for the larger 45G and 55G installations in later Rohn catalogs only fixed equalizer plates are called out for (GAC3455, GAC5655 anchors).
  I was curious and wanted to ask, if someone can explain the dynamics, why in some designs the pivoting-type equalizer plates are used, and in other designs fixed equalizer plates are used.
        Thank you, Byron WA5THJ