[TowerTalk] 80 vertical again

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 15:37:49 EST 2014

Well spring is just around the corner ! and Winter was tough on antennas @ W3EA's   all the wire antennas were ripped down by ice and wind  2nd week of Feb  the
one functional rebuilt 80/75 meter vertical (  modified stinger Hi-Gain Hi tower) snapped at the junction of the 2" .125 wall and2" .058 wall junction @ 34'

 Tim K3LR is coming to the FRC to give a talk on March 11th  He has a set of these also in a 4 sq configuration .  I sent him a Email  hoping to get his SECREAT
stinger dimensions.  I also live on a Ridge  like Tim K3LR  and his design has withstood the test  of time and brutal   N/W wind and ice he must endure .

I also have been searching the WEB and ran across a number of installations  where there marring both  aluminum tubing and a  12M = 40 ft. fiberglass
telescoping pole with a 14 gage wire to achieve there total height   one application has pictures of the Glasspole  attached to 26' pipe in a 60 mph wind and it bening  perpendicular to the ground... aluminum would be Tomato stakes  in that example .

So my question is fiberglass spiderbeam  poles a viable  solution to survivability ?

Wayne W3EA