[TowerTalk] Re-use cable clamps?

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 8 20:54:04 EST 2014

 Hi Don

    In you described tower 127'  Rohn  25-G ,  I assume you have 4 levels of Guys  three ways.  I not a big fan of reusing hardware.  even the Bigger  bodied CROSBY type clamps ( there  the best made IMO )   The ROHN book on served ends as described  as ability to maintain cable integrity with the clamps remover !!!

 You said you have 18'  segments....   I used 1/4 EHS and guy grips on my two 100' towers .. I broke the guys up as per ARRL Hand book and a graph by K1TD

I used the 39 ft and  58 ft lengths   and I  seem to remember  a few 19' at the bottom of the mid level   guys ...    These  extra longer dim   might make it  more attractive $ wise  to use BIG grips and new  EHS  ?

 Roger  on the Doing it your self...

Wayne W3EA