[TowerTalk] Discoverer 7-2 or Cushcraft xm-240

Glenn Pritchard hfcomnet at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 00:49:15 EDT 2014

Hi guys

Have been pondering this over for a couple of months.
In the past my monobander for 40 has been KLM, however it's time to replace
this antenna and currently the antenna is down.
Question is, which of the two 40 meter yagis has the better track record?
I have never seen the hy-gain up close but the performance was pretty good
for a linear loaded system and the gov't had them for monitoring stations
in Canada.
As for the xm240, not sure.

Just looking for some input from those that may have experience with either
of these antennas.

Tnx,

Glenn, VE6ND