[TowerTalk] Discoverer 7-2 or Cushcraft xm-240

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 08:39:47 EDT 2014

I have had Both of the antennas  ...The hi  Gain Dis-2 is a good antenna   the linear loading wires are problematic
if you live in a ICE area... I lost mine two times..... The Original  CD40  had a number of issues .
The XM240 is miles  ahead of the original 2 element  antenna.  Mine has been up two years  and three heavy ice storms.      The W6NL Maxon mod improves an already good antenna

The weak spot on the XM240 is the boom to mast clamp... IMO   I re-drilled the  plate for two High gain blocks

Wayne W3EA